Hey there folks! I know I just posted a Newbie Book Blogger Tag post, and that I should space these things out, but I’m kind of bursting with excitement. There are so many wonderful bookish things on the horizon for me… and probably you too.
- July Owlcrates are shipping this week! I finally treated myself to Owlcrate after two years of watching nearly everyone I follow on social media gush about the service. This month’s theme is ‘Wanderlust’ and based on hints, I have a strong hunch that the book is likely to be The Gentlemen’s Guide to Vice and Virtue, which is very exciting. It’s pretty much killing me to wait for it, because avoiding spoilers is something I am notoriously bad at… but I refuse to ruin the surprise.
- The 24 in 48 Readathon is this weekend! I have never had a schedule that lines up with the 24 in 48, but this time I actually have an entire free weekend to do it. I’m busy putting together my most likely overly ambitious book list and thinking of what sort of caffeine I’m going to need to keep me going. I’ll be updating here, on Instagram, and on Litsy. If you’re interested you can still sign up here
- I’m seeing Moby Dick at Lookingglass Theatre in Chicago again next week. I mean… I saw it two years ago, and again three weeks ago (I wrote a review for The Northwest Herald) but it’s just so damned good that I couldn’t let it close without seeing it again. I LOVE Lookingglass, they do amazing stuff with adapting literature for the stage. I HIGHLY recommend checking them out if you live in the Chicagoland area.
- I just got approved for an e-ARC of Girls Made of Snow and Glass by Melissa Bashardoust, which I will probably start reading as soon as I’m done writing this post.
- And finally, the biggest most exciting–least bookish–highly anticipated thing is that Jodie Whittaker has been cast as the 13th Doctor on my beloved Doctor Who. My feminist heart is bursting with love over this announcement! I want to get in a TARDIS and travel to 2018 just so I can see her in action!
I don’t know if this anticipation post is going to become a regular thing, or if it’s just a one off. I’m hoping to get into a rhythm of regular features and reviews mixed with more random fun posts.